Thanks to the Great Recession, I was laid off from my job of 20 years at the end of 2009. I wasn't planning to retire quite yet, but have since discovered that no one really wants to hire a 60+ year old smart Alex, no matter how smart he is. So, I have been thinking a lot. I always have of course, but, now all space taken up by thinking about pretty complex work is now taken up with um, well all sorts of things and some fishing and taking a few pictures.
Monday, February 28, 2011
Molasses
I have always been both lazy and worked hard. Contradictions are natural to me, maybe to all of us. Consistency is not such a virtue in my opinion, Should we not be changed by what we learn and experience? Does reflection have no value? I am both changed and unchanged. I remain myself but there is more and more of me as time goes by and I learn, but still I remain myself and we all do, so we persist in habits, beliefs and characteristics learned or inherited.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment